Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's out there! Please pray for those that are celebrating  mom's that have passed away. Pray for the young children who buried their mom's and pray especially for the bereaved mom's still on this earth, those who had to bury a child. We can never fully understand their pain. 

Today we celebrate our first Mother's Day without my sister. I can only imagine the pain and heartache my mom is feeling today. I can only imagine the loss her boys are feeling. My own heart is aching so much. Last year we went to my Mema's (grandmother for you non-southern folks). It was the first time we were together for Mothers' Day since 2008. We spent the days leading up to the day arguing about what we were going to do.  Oh how I miss the back and forth trying to decide what to do and when for the holidays. 

This year we will go to church and then go to the cemetery to spend a little while. Then the boys will go with their father to do something and my mom and dad will come back to my house for a cookout. It will be different and it will be painful. We will find something to smile about and I'm sure one of the kids will have us laughing about something but the ache in our heart will remain. There will be a sadness that can not be diminished. We will muddle through yet another first and maybe just maybe (I'm really hoping) as the years go on, our pain won't be quite as intense. Really though I think that on any day that bring memories, I think our pain has the potential to be just as bad as it was the day she died. 

Happy Mother's Day Mama, Mema, and Tasha!!!