Monday, May 13, 2013

Anyone Remember Film Rolls?



Anyone remember film rolls? Well I found the mother-load today! Seventeen rolls of 35mm, two disposable camera's, AND a 110 cartridge. 

When someone you love passes away it's an eye opener. When someone that you love passes away that is also young, it's a huge eye opener. It makes you stare your own mortality in the face. I realized that I need to get my butt in gear and get my clutter taken care of because I don't want my family to have to deal with this crud on top of having to plan a service and mourn their loss. I want everything neat and organized for them.

Now I really haven't done much since Beth passed away to get my butt in gear. I guess it's been overwhelming enough just trying to do normal daily activities. But, I've got a week left before I start summer classes and I am going to take advantage of it. 

Tim is off today so he wanted to go out to the garage and sort through his military stuff. I said I'd go with him and work on the other stuff out there. It's a disaster area. One of the things I really want to get organized is our pictures. I'm horrible at keeping pictures safe. I used to use photo albums and then moved to photo boxes and now they are just every where. Some are ruined because something got on them. I don't want my family to have a hard time finding photos to use in a photo show at my memorial when I am gone and I certainly don't want to have a hard time finding photos if I should need them for one of my family members.

I'm sure you can all see where I went wrong. I never should have started with pictures. I really should have started with just junk. Pictures bring back memories and make me sad right now. So, I'm inside taking a break. 

When my parents are gone it will be my responsibility to keep the pictures and make sure the memories get passed on to the next generation. I need to get my butt in gear so that I won't fail at the job! First stop is getting all these rolls of film developed. I haven't owned a film camera in about 12 years!!!! I wonder what's on these rolls!!! I know some are going to be degraded but I think some will turn out. I'm finding somewhere to drop them off this afternoon. I'm excited to see what's on them.... it's almost like the anticipation of Christmas morning.