Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Wife Must Respect her Husband

“However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” Ephesians 5:33 (NIV 1984)

It will never cease to amaze me how I'm dealing with an issue and things will just pop out at me that relate specifically to what I am dealing with. He is truly amazing and I do not know why I continue to doubt His power. Doubt isn't exactly the right word cause I do NOT doubt God's power. I guess I just forget about it sometimes.



So Tim did something to upset me yet again. This is a regular occurrence in my house as I'm sure it's a regular occurrence in your house that your spouse upsets you on occasion ;). For the second time in a week, in reference to the same thing, I decided that I wouldn't say anything to him about it. Really it's an issue for him and God not for me and him. I have pointed out his fault previously and he knows how I feel about this particular issue.

The other day I decided to follow what was in my heart and NOT say anything to him about it and to just let it go. Then again yesterday I decided not to say anything and just to let it go. This is a huge step for me because I get in that mindset of me me me. Why should I not say something when have been injured in some way. It's a learning process and I wish I could tell you that after almost 17 years of marriage that I'd have it perfect by now, but I don't. So, my challenge is to let go and LET GOD! It's not my place to always point out my husbands fault and that's something that I'm trying very very hard to get out of. It's not my place to criticize him.

A devotion TODAY (hence my continued amazement at His perfect timing) spoke on this very topic. Just when I needed it reinforced in my brain and heart because I was arguing with Him this very morning because I really really wanted to say something to my husband, it was there! In the Proverbs 31 Devotion for today they spoke something that brought tears to my eyes and gave me a new understanding of what my criticism of him does to him.

"The Holy Spirit also showed me I was fueling Satan’s flaming darts of condemnation aimed at my husband’s heart; joining efforts with the one who wanted to take out my husband as the leader of our home., Proverbs 31 Ministries"

Ummm... NO! I will NOT be used by Satan to cause hurt and pain to my husband. This was a HUGE eye opener to me. I don't think it's many wives goal to be an instrument of destruction but that's exactly what many of us can be.

Thank you Lord for showing me exactly what I needed to see today!

I don't feel the need to pretend that my life or marriage is perfect to you and I also don't feel the need to share with you the exact issues in my marriage. However, it's important for me to share that there ARE issues as there are issues in every marriage. So, don't think I'm trying to degrade my husband or my marriage because I'm not. I put my thoughts and feelings out there in an effort to be authentic and because I feel led to share something with you. When I read that devotion this morning I immediately knew I needed to write my own post about this topic. I pray that this may help you in your relationship with Him.