Monday, October 10, 2011

Is God Talking to YOU?

I came across something the other day and it made me realize that He is indeed talking to ME.

The man whispered, "God, speak to me," and a meadowlark
sang.

But, the man did not hear. So the man yelled, "God, speak to
me" and the thunder rolled across the sky.

But, the man did not listen. The man looked around and said,
"God let me see you." And a star shined brightly.

But the man did not see. And, the man shouted, "God show
me a miracle." And, a life was born.

But, the man did not notice. So, the man cried out in despair,
"Touch me God, and let me know you are here." Whereupon,
God reached down and touched the man. But, the man brushed
the butterfly away ...and walked on.

The man cried, "God, I need your help!" And an e-mail arrived
reaching out with good news and encouragement. But, the man
deleted it and continued crying.

I have found this to be a great reminder that God is always
around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted
.... even in our electronic age ...

So don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the
way that you expect.


Last week I hit a rough patch in life. I won't go in to details but it was hard.... REALLY hard. I began questioning so many things. One question in particular was if I could continue down this road or if I should just give up. I did something a little out of character for me and decided to take a drive so that I'd have some time to just think, listen to music, and pray. I ended up driving out to the base of a hill on our post and parked off the side of the road across from our ski lodge. I thought about driving up the hill (ummm, little mountain) but figured that with my fear of heights and drop offs on mountains and the fact that I was crying, that it was better for me to just sit there. 

As I sat there I prayed quietly, I questioned my resolve, I asked Him why I was expected to endure. Wouldn't it be OK if I just gave up the battle and moved on? Then I saw IT. 


It's a yucky picture, sorry. My camera on my phone just won't zoom very well and by the time I got the camera up and ready to snap the picture it had moved away quite a bit. It's a fox by the way ;) 

You have to know something about me... I'm WILD about the animals up here in Alaska. There's not much opportunity to see animals like this where I'm from. I've only seen one of these in our time here and that was right after we arrived 3 years ago. So this was HUGE for me.

I almost immediately felt better and was able to come home. I wish I could say that I felt better the rest of the night but I did not and it ended up being a rough night but I do think it helped refocus me. When I saw the fox I didn't think, oh look, there's a fox, God must be communicating with me, but upon seeing the story above later in the week I was brought to my knees in gratitude and praise because that's exactly what it was!

When you cry out to Him you better be paying attention because you never know how He is going to respond.