Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh what a Blessing!

Tim and I decided to take a drive out to Chena Hot Springs on Saturday to enjoy them before we leave Alaska (still don't know where we are going or IF we are going anywhere). We hadn't been out there yet and figured this would be a perfect weekend for the drive since we are test driving a friends truck to see if we want to purchase it.


When I told my good friend, Barb over at The Forever Neighbor, about it she asked if we were staying over night. It's quite expensive so we had no plans to do so. That's when she told us that she had a certificate that she didn't get a chance to use before her husband deployed that would expire at the end of the month and we could have it if we wanted. It was for one night at the lodge. What a true blessing it was! Thank you so much Barb!!!!

So the hubs and I made arrangements for the kids (the oldest watched them), made sure all the phone numbers they might need were handy and there was food in the house, and off we went. This is the FIRST overnight trip Tim and I have ever taken away from the kids! Mind you, we've been married for 16 years so that's a LONG time :) I of course was nervous but not so nervous that I didn't have a good time. I called the kids 3 times while we were gone :)

We had a wonderful time. What an experience the hot springs were! It was a first for me :). I will admit though, it probably wasn't the best idea to eat dinner and then go into them. I started feeling a little sick so we got out and relaxed in the hotel room for a while. Went back that night and experienced them at night. WOW! That's all I can say!

I am so grateful that we had this opportunity. Next we will take a trip to Denali since we haven't had the opportunity to go there yet. We've got to fit in as much as possible before we leave cause I'd had to leave Alaska and say that we didn't get to do all this wonderful stuff while we were here!

How was YOUR weekend?