Sunday, February 6, 2011

Last night was a really wonderful night in our home. I don't know if it's because we are keenly aware of what is coming up or just that we happened to all be in  a really good mood but I am happy! lol

The older girls got it started by singing some old songs (think CCR) and then Tim put on some music which got Breanna dancing which then got the other girls dancing. I was too busy laughing for most of it to even think about capturing it on film but towards the end I did get some great photos! Breanna and Tim ended the dance party out with a slow jam and a slow dance to match.

Look at that smile!!!

What a special moment in her life. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend that time together as our day is quickly approaching. The kids ended the night with all of them (minus Breanna) playing video games. A fun time was had by all!

Then today Breanna took her first Communion at church. Many will think this is bad because she is only a five year old and can't possibly understand what it means. However, my daughter LOVES God with all her heart! She loves Him more than anyone else and she talks of pleasing him all the time. She knows His love for her. We took it as a perfect time for Daddy to explain what it means which really gave us the opportunity to talk to her about Jesus dying for our sins. Of course in terms a five year old can understand. I think it went well and I of course, was in tears! Planting those seeds EVERYDAY!!!

In my small portion of the world we had some men and women leave their families this past week. Many left for training that really begins the deployment process for the families and then others left for their actual deployments. There is a lot of sadness around here right now and I hope that you will keep us all in your prayers, not only the soldier serving in a far off country but also the families left behind.