Friday, February 4, 2011

Hardest Money I Ever Spent


It costs an arm and a leg to travel from Alaska and while I've never had a hard time spending money before, this $3500 was the most difficult purchase ever! It wasn't the money or the act of spending it, it was the thought of spending it on a single purchase. A purchase of TRAVEL and the fact that Alaska is one of the most expensive states to travel to/from. A plane ride to Seattle costs just a couple hundred less than a plane ride all the way across the country.

Oh and of course you can't forget the what-ifs that entered into my mind that made it difficult to push the purchase button. What if things change and our leave gets revoked for some reason, this is the Army we're talking about here. They can change whatever they want, whenever they want to.  We'll be out that money! That's VERY scary for me. We don't just have that money lying around and this is a much needed vacation. Tim and Tasha haven't been home in almost three years and the rest of us haven't been home in over 18 months.

We NEED this vacation and if something happens to make it not happen, I might just lose my mind for good! I hope you will keep us in  your prayers for the next couple of months at least :)