Sunday, February 13, 2011

Frugal Decorating

We have this LONG wall in the living room that has been devoid of any decoration for far too long. I decided that since we were having people over for Breanna's party it was the perfect time to get some stuff up on it BUT I wanted to do it frugally. So... I got creative ;), no small feat for me. lol

I ordered some unstretched canvases a couple of months ago with the intention of doing the stretching myself (cause it would be cheaper) and I just haven't had much opportunity to look for the supplies. I went to Michael's this past week and they didn't have it there so I decided to just frame them. So, I went to JoAnn's to get some frames cause they had some on sale. I ended up just getting cheap ones but they look ok... :)

These were taken by me on a hike last summer.

Here's where my creativity comes in. I needed something above the TV, some artwork or something! Most of my living room is decorated with photos and that's fine because I LOVE my family photos but, I wanted something different. When I was at JoAnn's they had frames marked down. Just the actual frame part, no backing and no glass. It was only $8 and it is very close to the width of my 46" TV. I found some fabric that I liked and Tim and I stapled the fabric to the back of the frame. Here's the finished product. I'm very happy with it :)

The frame was $8 and the fabric was a little over $5

Then we took a frame that I purchased around Christmas that we hadn't used yet and put some pictures in and hung it up (no photos of that one). But it's one of those collage frames. :)

Also, I spray painted some of those storage cubes that have just the two cubes. I picked them up at a garage sale last summer for around $3. They are now black and serve as our end tables. :)

I LOVE the finished look of it all. It just works for me :)