Sunday, January 30, 2011

Patience in Marriage

Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
~ Proverbs 25:24

Wow! I bet this is how Tim feels :) So today is day one of The Love Dare and it deals with patience. That's a HARD one for me cause I am not a patient person. Tim actually pointed out to me the other day that I am much harder on my family and I expect a lot more of them than I do other people. Don't we all? I didn't realize this was wrong but I guess my way of getting them to meet those expectations probably aren't the best. I am harder on them and Tim especially! 

You know I'm actually really blessed. Tim is for the most part a great husband. No, he's not like some other husbands who I'd like him to be more like but that's OK. He's perfect for me. Those same husbands of my friends that I admire have quirks that would not mess with me. So Tim plays on the computer way too much! Big whoop. He's also sat in the doctors or hospital with me more times than I care to admit, without one single complaint.  He doesn't get upset with me when the house isn't clean, dinner isn't cooked, or any other number of things.

Did anything happen today that caused me to have anger towards Tim? Yep... a couple of things. First he came home this morning and didn't notice that the toilet in our bathroom was over flowing and he climbed into bed and we woke up an hour and a half later to the sound of water cascading. Yep... flooded all over the bathroom. Then to top it off it was leaking into the kitchen downstairs!!! UGH... It's all dried up now (I think).. it's certainly warm enough in the house for it to dry pretty fast. I can't see any water damage on the ceiling or anything and there are no issues with any of the electrical outlets or anything so I guess we are in the clear on that one. BUT... HOW could he NOT notice when he was brushing his teeth right next to the toilet that it was overflowing? This is something I would have yelled at him about any other day but today, I let it go.

Then, later in the day after he's up from his nap he comes downstairs and sits in my seat. Now even though I'm on the computer he knows that it aggravates me when he sits in my seat cause then I can't sit in it. I walked into the living room and saw that and kind of stopped and just looked at him. He asked me what, and I said it was nothing and then sat down in another seat. It really was nothing! I did however end up in the ER tonight with a possible ulcer.... coincidence???