Friday, January 7, 2011

Guided Decisions

God is so GOOD! 

I've been wanting this book, Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst and today I had the opportunity to buy it but hesitated because there are many other books I also want and truthfully I'm still working on finishing my Bible in 90 days (that was supposed to be finished back at the beginning of October) and I'm reading a couple of other books right now as well.

I received my latest Amazon gift card from SwagBucks today and that brought my account balance to over $10. After some debate with myself I ultimately decided to go ahead and purchase it in the Kindle edition (I don't have a Kindle but I have the app on my phone) so I can read it where ever I might be.  I posted the link to it on Facebook cause I'm just a sharing kind of person, ha ha. Not more than an hour later the author (whom I like on Facebook) posted a link to an online Bible Study for this book!

You see it don't you, why I'm so excited?

Because I was having doubts about purchasing the book right now and ultimately went ahead and followed my heart by purchasing it. I just feel the posting of the online Bible study after I purchased it was confirmation from God that I did the right thing.

I know, I didn't do a very good job putting this into words. I'm just so very excited about the book, about the study, and even more so about feeling God's hand in my decision today.

I purchased this book for my sister for Christmas because I just felt so strongly about it helping her and helping me and I really hope we can read it together. I have no idea if she has started reading hers yet but if not I hope she will soon. Now if I can just get her to do the study as well :)

The Bible study only lasts for six weeks so it really is something most people can commit to. I hope you will check it out.