Friday, August 13, 2010

God Inspired

The last few weeks have been nothing short of amazing in some regards. I've been scared to death taking over as FRG Leader when our current Leader stepped down. I prayed about it a lot before I did it and talked about it a lot! I'm sure my husband wished that I would shut up about it, well, I'm sure he still wishes that since I'm still talking about it all the time. I ended up agreeing to do it because it just felt right and it seemed to be where God wanted me to be.

I pretty much have no doubt in my mind that He wanted me right where I'm at. I believe it was to teach me and for me to teach others. I am learning so very much about myself, about other people, and about life in general. We're never too old to learn!


God has placed some absolutely wonderful women in my life. I couldn't be more blessed with the support I've received and also the praise I've received. From our very first meeting where we said farewell our outgoing Leader and introduced ourselves as the new Leaders, this journey has been awe inspiring to me. Mind you this was only just over a month ago!

The first meeting left me a little discouraged. It was large, with about 75 people in attendance because it was mandatory. I was nervous and fumbled with my words. After the meeting I second guessed everything, thinking I didn't get my point across and remembering things I had wanted to say. Only two people were willing to share anything (of course who would with that many people!).

I've sent a few encouraging emails since then, made myself totally available to anyone who might want to hit me up on email or by phone and pretty much had nothing. I set up a poll and I got all of five responses.  Not even the key volunteers responded! So I was feeling pretty discouraged but plugged along anyway. I'm so glad I didn't let my feelings get in the way of the job I agreed to do!

We had our second meeting two nights ago and it was nothing short of amazing in my book! We had 14 wives in attendance (myself included), a couple of husbands, some children, and of course our Commander and First Sergeant. I was only nervous at the very beginning and after that the words just flowed. We did a lot of information sharing and I really didn't recognize the person sitting in my seat. I tried to facilitate a good flow of moving from one idea to the next and when people were trying to get their voice in there and looked at me pleading I waited for an opportunity and pointed them out. I actually think everyone shared at least one thought and that again is nothing short of amazing! Had I have been a participant in that meeting I would have just set there taking it all in, too afraid to say even a word of agreement.

We had several people come up and tell either me or the Captain that they would like to volunteer for certain positions. I am just AMAZED! I don't know what I expected when I started this. I can tell you that I hoped that it would go well but I had no idea it would do this well, this quickly! Our ladies have truly shown themselves to be women to be admired! His hand is truly ALL over this!

I sometimes wonder what God has in store for me. The lessons He's teaching me almost make me scared because I'm becoming a woman that I just don't recognize. That's wonderful but at the same time quite scary.