Monday, July 12, 2010

Week One Complete!

Wow! That's the only word that comes to mind when I think about the bible reading I have completed in the last seven days. I have absorbed so much information and I have started a list of things to go back and look more in depth at when the 90 days are over.

Genesis was very easy for me to get through, Exodus not so much. It was long and tedious with many building instructions! I'm already having the same thoughts of Leviticus, only it's laws and instructions for offerings. Phew! I'm sure glad we aren't required to do all that! I kept thinking to myself that I'd surely starve to death if I had to sacrifice my food source because of the sins I committed! I'm also very happy that we live in a different time because it seems that the people of the Old Testament didn't have a relationship with God. Maybe I don't have all the information to form that opinion yet but that sure it the way it seems. They had to go through the Priests in order to gain atonement for their sins, sounds like the Catholic Church to me, instead of having a direct line to our Father.

Who knows, I may come back and read this post in October (after I've read the whole Bible) and see just how wrong I had it. Even if I do, that will be OK because it's all a learning process. 

You can read more about the other bloggers who are completing this challenge over at Mom's Toolbox.