Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Growing Up

Have you ever said or done something and later wondered if you did the correct thing? Well that happened to me just last night and I'm sad to say that it has been happening to me a lot in my lifetime.

I'm not sure if my decision last night was a reaction to the frustration I have been feeling towards my oldest daughter or something that had to happen. I mean, I know it was a reaction but it is also not a surprise and the consequences had been laid out. She knew that if this continued that there would be a harsh consequence. Last night was very truly the last straw for me.

It is my hope that this will be a wake up call and she will realize that her attitude has to change. It is my fear though, that she will not see that and will not use this as a tool to make some positive changes in herself. I am very afraid of what will become of her but I knew that at some point I would have to face that fear because she would not be living at home forever. I just pray that Jesus will watch over her and protect her and that she will allow Him to guide her path (even though she has not been).

She is an adult now and she has to live with the consequences of her actions, no matter what she chooses now, it will be difficult for her. I believe however, that she is in denial and will be for a long time, thinking that she is not responsible and it's all my fault. I have been there and it took me years to own up to my end of the mistakes in my relationship with my family.

Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this difficult transition from childhood to adulthood.

Thanks!