Sunday, July 11, 2010

Get with the Program

I need to get with the program! The get healthy, lose weight program but I really can't do it on my own. I have tried, really I have. I did really well for about a month, was actually losing some weight. I was working out almost everyday and I had so much more energy. Truth be told, I also felt so much better about myself just because I was taking positive steps in the right direction and it made me feel downright proud of myself!

Then I got sick, actually I think it was Breanna who got sick first. It threw me off and then when I came down with it, it was a killer! All told I lost a month and lost all motivation. I started in January of 2010 and believe it or not, it wasn't a New Years resolution. I got the EA Active for the Wii for Christmas and I was determined to complete that 30 day challenge. I did well up until around the beginning of February and I've been off track since then. I can count on one hand the number of times I have worked out since then.


I was out shopping with Tasha this weekend and I love all the cute trendy clothes that only come in a size large or smaller. Umm, even if I could fit into a large I would not be able to wear there larges cause they are more like a medium! My goal isn't too lofty, I simply need to lose about 75 pounds. It's really not that large of a number and it's very doable in a years time. Plus it doesn't hurt that I look at the pictures we took right before my husband deployed last time and I look HUGE.
 I don't want to look back at pictures of me next time and be this large.

I LOVE Jillian Michaels. I can't count how many times I've said I need someone like her in my life to whip me into shape. I need someone who is going to force me to work out. Someone who is going to call me when I don't show up and when I don't answer the phones is going to come knock my door down. That's asking an awful lot of one person isn't it? Yeah, that's probably why I don't have a person like that. I wish I could hire a personal trainer who would actually do just that but alas I don't have the money.

So I will have to somehow force myself to just do it for a week or so and then hopefully I will develop a new habit. Oh while I'm at it, I might as well pray about it too, huh? Silly of me to not mention that first! We have this wonderful accountability group going on for the reading the Bible in 90 days program. I think I need something like that to help me stay on top of working out and eating healthy. Before anyone mentions it, I do not want to do something like Weight Watchers. You have to pay for too much stuff through them, and I don't want some scam either. Maybe I should start a weight loss group.....