Monday, July 5, 2010

Blogging through the Bible in 90 Days

Today marks day one in my journey to read the Bible in 90 days. I know that many people don't agree with this but there is a lot about the Bible that I don't know about and this is the quickest way for me to get an introduction to everything. It also helps build reading the Bible into a faithful habit. I will be devoting at least an hour a day to reading. That doesn't include the time that I will spend delving further into the word and actually studying what caught my attention. I know that God will reach out to me through reading his word (no matter how quickly I do it) and also through my faithfulness. I expect many great changes in my life as a result of this.

I've already seen some trials and I'm sure there will be many, many more before this is over. Last night I became sick, nauseated and couldn't' sleep until the early morning hours. I had planned on doing my reading as soon as I work up but I slept in and had other things that needed my attention. I'm quite certain that was an attempt to derail me from following through but it didn't work! Today's reading has been finished and my heart is a little lighter because I didn't let anything stop me.

It's not too late to join us! What could God teach you in 90 days? Join us over at Moms Toolbox for more information and to sign up!

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Brandi. I am a 35 year old SAHM of three beautiful girls ages 18, 12, and 4. I have been married to my husband for 15 years and he is in the Army. I also homeschool my girls. We currently live in Alaska. Although I'm not a "new" Christian I kind of feel that I am. I was saved as a child and rededicated my life in 2002. It's been an off again on again thing since then. It is my hope and prayer that I will build some consistency with my walk though this challenge. My bible reading is almost nonexistent and my prayer life is sketchy at best. I do believe all that is going to change with this commitment!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Nice to meet you! I started reading on July 1st...am loving it!

Stacey said...

God is going to do great things as you meet Him in His Word! May His Word richly dwell within you!

So glad you stopped by the MODsquad blog today, we are honored you are joining us in that journey too!

~Stacy said...

God's Word never returns void! What a wonderful challenge! I pray He meets you there with wisdom and growth. Blessings!

Post a Comment