Friday, June 18, 2010

A Task Completed

I was called on tonight to do my first real task since volunteering to be a co-leader with our FRG. I've been a key caller (that's someone who calls and lets a small portion of families in the unit know what's happening) for the last two years so I've made plenty of calls, and I've done some other helping out here and there but this was different.

Our current leader was away from her computer and she was getting a lot of calls from wifes not understanding the information that was being put out and we needed to get an email out to straighten up the miscommunication so she asked me to go ahead and do it.

I wrote it up and read it about 10 times, spell checked it three times, and almost called a friend to get her opinion of it. Then I thought to myself, "NO, I'm an adult and I know how to write a letter!". I know it's been a long time since I've done anything in a professional capacity but I can write a good letter. I was worried that might hinder me in this co-leader thing because sometimes I can come off as too professional when the situation calls for casual, but I guess when you need to get information out there the best thing you can do is be factual and professional. The casual type communication will come as well.

I'm pleased with this first task. I'm thankful that our current leader needed me to help out because she wasn't at home to do it. It's just the type of thing that I needed in order for me to believe that I can actually do this. Thank you Lord for giving me this task and for giving me the skills to handle it.

1 comment:

Forever Neighbor said...

and may I add the email was very well put :)

Post a Comment